Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Geronino Stiltons Task

TASK 2 DAY 2
WALT -  I can identify the main ideas in a text.
WALT - to make inferences

Summarise what you have read so far and talk about the characters involved.
So far I read the bit that the chimney man comes over to give it a little clean and Pene goes for a smoke at the garage and then she gets caught from her little sister smoking at back.

When had the family last had their fireplace cleaned?
They haven't clean the chimney place because they just moved in couple of years ago that why the chimney place is all dusty and smoky.

What does the word soot mean? Have you heard these terms before?
The word soot mean powdery or flaky and it also means smoke and dusty under the chimney.

Put the word soot into a sentence 
I was soot coming out of the chimney yesterday night.
There is a lot of conversation going on in this story. How do we know this? Take a quote out of the story to support your answer.
I know that their are a lot of  conversation,speech marks,questions mark and many more punctuation.One of the covestions is “How long since you had cleaned the chimney”?.
Why did no one say anything when dad asked who has been smoking?
They didn't say anything cause they knew that the person he was smoking was going to get in service trouble. 
How did dad know that someone had been smoking?
he knew because he went to the back to get some wood from the garage and found a smoke left outside the back.
If you were caught doing something wrong, what would you do, why?
If I got  caught I would be scared and I will stay quiet the whole day and try not get not to cause more trouble by trying to be a good girl.
Have you ever lied to anyone before from saving yourself from getting in trouble? When did this happen? What did you learn from this experience?
Yes Only sometime just to protect my self for trouble and sometime I rather tell the truth because lying is bad.This happens suddenly at home when I have troubles with my little brothers.I learnt to never try lie because it can cause trouble and might get worser and worser.Lying is bad!!!
Write two questions about the story so far and get a buddy in your group to answer the question. (Referring to the text)
  1. Predict what is going to happen so far in the text?

Here is my reading task I done this week.Check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment