Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

Recount about My first day at school

I remember when I first started school I was so nervous and so scared. I came to New Zealand when I was four years old and I didn't know any English and I had to start school the next year. I was so shy and I didn't want to go to school because it would been the first time leaving my Mum. When I first entered the school gates I remembered how my Mum told me to don’t be scared and don’t cry.
My first class was in Room 1 and my first teacher was Mrs Dee. She was kind and lovely but once I saw my Mum leave, I was so lonely I started to cry. The teachers helped me out to not cry but I couldn't stop crying, so my teacher had to call my Mum or my Aunt to come and stay with me. While the class was learning I stayed at the back and tried not to cry. Then my Mum came and stayed with me for a couple of hours and then a boy name Simon and a girl name Mehi looked after me while my Mum went back home for a family meeting. I tried my best to not cry. Simon and Mehi were good friends. It was so funny how Mehi didn't know much English and she always talked to me in Tongan.
A couple of weeks later I came more familiar with the school. I learnt heaps of things in English and I made heaps of new friends. I love school and I enjoy learning things I didn't know and just having a positive attitude toward school.

No comments:

Post a Comment